Click here for a flier outlining our most current request for volunteers.
One important part of HoCo Climate Change’s work is helping to create awareness of climate change in the local community. We do this in many ways including:
1. Starting Discussion Circles - the Circles committee is looking for people who want to start a circle in their local community, neighborhood, HOA, or faith community. (See "Start a Circle" page for more info)
2. Facilitating Discussions Circles - the Circles committee is looking for people who would like to be trained to facilitate a circle, once is has been formed. (See "Facilitators" page for more info.)
3. Advocacy - the Advocacy committee is looking for more people who support green energy policies at the local, state and national level. Our local agenda is for 2012 is here: www.hococlimatechange.org/advocacy/howard-county-advocacy. Follow our events pages and join us in our advocacy! www.hococlimatechange.org/events/howard-county-event and www.hococlimatechange.org/events/maryland-dc-events
5. Announcements – we need people who can help put together and send out announcements of events and activities
6. Staffing our table at events – there are many “green” events that we want to support and we need volunteers to staff the HoCo Climate Change table to help spread the word about what we’re doing
We also need help with administrative support, creating surveys, marketing, and more. If you want to help but are not sure how you can best contribute, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.